0

Adventures in Juicing

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm a trend follower. There. I said it. Curiosity gets the best of me and I'm hooked. The first was transitioning to a grains and greens vegan based diet after watching the documentary Forks Over Knives which has totally transformed the way we think about food and how we eat it, how we exercise, and improving our health overall (100lbs. total combined between the two of us and counting). After hitting the proverbial wall of weight I wanted to shock my system with a juice cleanse for a few days. All the rage, I know. I don't pretend to know how amazing it is for your health or if it's just mumbo jumbo. Followers attest to its ability to detox the system by improving digestion, eliminating toxins, and reducing anxiety so I'm hoping to see some of those benefits from doing this. B is on board and attempting more ambitious concoctions that involve juicing onions and blending tofu but I'm sticking with straight juice. 
The attempt is to go three days of juicing. 
Initial cost of vegetables ($70.00)
Total time involved in juicing all the vegetables using a Juiceman Jr. (best $7.00 thrift store find ever!): 4 Hours
B sets about chopping our veggies
Final stash of juice including [Apple, Red Cabbage, Beet, Kale, Spinach, Orange, Lemon, Strawberry, Celery, Broccoli, Tomato, Ginger, Lime, Cucumber, Carrot]

I'll keep you posted on some good juice recipes that I come up with as the days go on. 

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response